Okay so I’m really behind on this post. I wanted to get our curriculum choices out a lot earlier. But since we already used these, I thought it was a good idea to post our 3rd grade curriculum picks. So here’s what we ended up using:
- Math-Beast Academy Level 3 and Saxon Homeschool 3
- Science-Supercharged Science
- Cursive-Zaner Bloser Cursive 3
- Grammar Shirley English Homeschool 3 and Shirley English Jingles
- Grammar-Fix it! Grammar
- Art-Artistic Pursuits K-3
- History Unit Studies-Time Travelers The Civil War & The Early 19th Century
- History-Story of the World
- Music-Alfreds Kids Ukulele Course Complete
- Spelling-All About Spelling 3
- Vocabulary-All About Homophones
- Reading-Pathway Readers Level 2
- English-Climbing to Good English 2
- Writing-Writing with Ease: Design Your Own Curriculum
- Foreign Language-Calico Spanish
- Literature-Charlottes Web, Journey to the Center of the Earth and the Secret Garden
- STEM-All STEM kits were KIWICO projects
All of our literature studies were done as Charlotte Mason Style narration with the exception of Charlottes Web. We added a unit study to it. Self guided reading was done throughout the week with independent choices.
Just about everything we used was really good. We did switch from Shirley English to Fix It! Grammar mid way through the year. I kept the Shirley English Jingles, but found that Fix It! Grammar worked better for us. We also made the choice to switch our Spanish curriculum as we had outgrown the Calico Spanish program.
If you are interested in some of the programs we use, I have written full reviews of the following:
Be sure to check these out! I’ll be sure to share what we use for our upcoming curriculum shortly.